Stony Creek Landscapes in Webster City is looking to fill:
- Year-Round Landscape Technicians (2 Positions)
- Year-Round Landscape Crew Leader/Foreman
- Landscape Architect Intern/Landscape Installation Intern
- Horticulture Intern/ Turf Management Intern
To apply for positions download employment application, complete, and return to Stony Creek Landscapes by mail or email to email@example.com.
Greg’s Lawn and Landscaping is seeking an Intern to assist with Design and Sales in the Landscaping department. This position will be hourly, non-exempt, approximately 40-50 hours per week.
The Intern will provide support for the Landscaping team by:
- Complete requests for landscaping estimates by taking initial request from client, complete the design per the clients specifications using Dynascape software, assemble the bid and deliver completed bid to client, follow-up to complete the sale
- Assist the Landscape Designer and Landscape Manager with any other tasks as needed
- Education in landscape design software will be helpful
- Prior sales experience is a plus
- Horticulture and hardscaping experience also a plus
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Excellent communication and follow-up skills
- Ability to work independently and with a diverse group of office personnel
- Show professionalism and a customer service attitude
Greg’s Lawn & Landscaping, 1200 Continental Pl NE, Cedar Rapids, IA 52402
Email resume today to NanciN@gregslawn.com
- Position Type: Technical/craft
- Job Type: Full-time/school year (8-month position, approx. April 1-Nov. 30 each year)
- Organization: Athletics
- Department: Athletics facility
- Building: Carver Hawkeye Arena (CHA)
- Contract work location/area: Athletics
- Salary: $2,758/month, $24,820/year
- Pay grade: 08
- Schedule: 7 a.m.-3:30 p.m., Monday-Friday
- May work night/weekend hours depending on weather conditions
- Read the job description on the UI website
Special Qualifications (read definitions)
- Functional supervision
- 3-OT applicator’s license
- Drivers License (plus ability to meet UI Fleet Safety Driving Record Review Standards)
- Prefer a year of experience as a successful head gardener or similar position within a commercial or educational setting.
- Prefer degree in horticulture or related field.
- Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.
- Design annual flower beds.
- Estimate and acquire annuals, plant and provide care for entire season.
- Design, plant and care for three-season planters.
- Provide care for on-site tree nursery.
- Trim/prune small trees.
- Mulch landscape beds.
- Apply plant protectants as required.
- Select, procure and plant bulbs.
- Coordinate floral displays for special departmental functions.
- Train and supervise helpers to assist with performance of duties.
- Assist in budget preparation for assigned areas.
- Assist with snow removal when necessary.
Minimum eligibility requirements
- Two years of experience operating the machinery and tools used in grounds work or any combination of related experience and education from which comparable knowledge and ability can be acquired which totals two years.
- Must have successfully completed commercial certification tests (30T-Ornamental and Turf) for application of pesticides and be eligible to be certified. May be required to successfully complete other commercial certification tests as required.
- Please read the minimum qualifications before applying for this position.
- Work samples will be administered to determine proficiency for approved special qualifications.
- Before you can apply for a specific opening, you must have an Active Electronic Merit Employment File with UI HR Employment Services. If you have already done so, please log in. If you have not, please read our introductory page. Start the merit application process here.
To direct and assist nursery staff in day-to-day operations to develop and maintain a nursery of unsurpassed quality in terms of materials and organization.
- Working with other nursery management on day-to-day activities.
- Helping customers by answering questions about any retail materials (plants and hardscape) and also assisting with design recommendations.
- Assign, supervise, and assist nursery staff members in nursery and plant maintenance.
- Work with tagging department to streamline tagging process.
- Competency on skid loaders or willingness to learn.
- Knowledge of plant material (ID, care, plant requirements) and hardscapes.
- Ability to use/learn cash register system.
- Excellent communication skills and customer service.
- Horticulture or related degree and management experience preferred.
- Salary based on experience
- 401(k) matching after 1 year of employment
- Healthcare and dental
- Paid vacation/sick time
- Clothing allowance
- Continuing education opportunities
How to Apply
Send resume to Liz Crimmins:
56985 Lincoln Highway
Ames, IA 50010
Pinter Landscaping is looking for an ambitious, energetic person to join our team. This is full time, seasonal work, 5 – 6 days per week. A Horticulture degree and more than one year experience is required.
Tasks included, but not limited to: potting plants, watering plants and trees, keep area clean, weeded, and maintained, create garden center displays, interact with customers in the garden center, answer customer questions, plant sales, help customers load plants and trees and load and unload plant shipments (able to lift 50# or more).
Able to work efficiently in a fast paced environment, work outdoors in all weather conditions, and be willing to perform any and all tasks assigned. Help with Fall Fun Activities in September and October – including set up, pumpkin picking and working the weekends. Able to operate skid loader or willingness to learn is a plus. Must like to work with people and be an active member of our team.
Interested parties may send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- This is a full time, seasonal job
- Hourly Pay based on experience
- Associate degree in Horticulture is a minimum requirement
- Job title: Garden Center Manager
DBA Pinter’s Gardens and Pumpkins
2475 State Hwy 9
Decorah, IA 52101
PlantRight, LLC, is a 7-year-old professional sales and marketing company looking to add outside sales talent in the Missouri, Kansas and Oklahoma territory to continue growth above and beyond industry and economic standards.
You are an analytical person that has a naturally persuasive style. You are energetic and a strong multi-tasker. You are competitive and like overcoming challenges. You like to meet and interact with lots of people.
You know how to make things happen and be able to get things done in a timely manner. You know what deadlines are and will do whatever it takes to meet them. You are extremely organized and detail-oriented, and you must have excellent communication skills. You are an excellent multi-tasker who does not get flustered with new challenges and changing priorities, and you are also very thick-skinned. You are looking for a great opportunity, not just another J-O-B!
We are looking for a take-charge person who will take on the challenge of growing our customer base and win sales for our lines of nursery stock sold to landscape distribution, garden center and landscape contractor customers. Commission with large upside for growth. Minimum 3-5 years experience in outside sales, industry experience preferred.
To apply for this position, please go to cindexinc.com/c/A550CC. Once there you can register, submit your resume and take our short culture index survey that assists us in job placement.
Ted Lare Design Build is looking for motivated, self-starters to fill an immediate position for a landscaping construction supervisor, this is a working supervisor position. Various tasks include construction of stone retaining walls, patios, pathways, and landscape installation. You must have a minimum of 5 years of hands on experience in landscape construction. Applicants must be tobacco free in the workplace, have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record, we will run an MVR on all driving records. Position starting at $16-20/hr or more based on experience. We provide uniforms and benefits. Call Bobby at 515-249-6018 or 515-981-1073, Applications online at http://www.tedlaredesignbuild.com/contacts.htm
Ted Lare Design Build is looking for motivated, self-starters to fill positions for landscaping laborers. Various tasks include construction of stone retaining walls, patios, pathways, plantings, and landscape installation. Previous landscape experience is a plus, but not required. Applicants must be tobacco free in the workplace, have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record, we will run an MVR on all driving records. Wages start at $13-$15/hr +based on experience. We provide uniforms and benefits. Call Bobby at 515-249-6018 or 515-981-1073, Applications online at http://www.tedlaredesignbuild.com/contacts.htm
Gardens Grace, Inc is an award winning residential/commercial landscape company providing custom design-build and maintenance services to clients in the Des Moines and surrounding areas. We believe that a great project starts with a great team who shares ideas and works together! We take pride in the quality of our work and value continually learning in order to grow both as individuals and as a team. We have an amazing group of people building some very cool projects and are looking for a Landscape Foreman to join our team!
Landscape Foreman will be responsible for leading a crew of 3-6 workers to complete residential/commercial landscape construction projects involving hardscape, softscape, garden maintenance and while maintaining company quality and safety standards. This is a Full Time seasonal position with job attachment. Compensation is based on experience.
Competitive pay with additional benefits available depending upon position and time with company Advancement opportunities for qualified candidates Central location on SW 9th street Paid recruiting incentives (Bring your friends and get paid!) Opportunities to build cool projects in great team environment Professional, safe, positive working environment
Valid Iowa driver’s license and must be insurable on company’s insurance policy
3+ years of field experience in Landscape or related field
1+ years of Foreman experience in Landscape or related field
Good oral and written communication skills Must be able to safely lift 50 lbs Must be able to work outdoors in various conditions including heat and humidity, rain, dust, noise and cold Must be able to safely operate heavy equipment such as Skid Loaders and other landscape construction small engine equipment and power tools Able to manage crew of 3-6 workers and train them as needed Able to work in a team with Production Supervisors and other Foremen Must be ready and willing to represent the Company in a professional manner Must be respectful, honest, reliable, self motivated, and possess positive attitude Full-time Monday through Thursday with occasional Fridays weather depending
- Possess the ability to schedule, organize and lead a small crew to conduct the landscape maintenance required of our clients.
- Display the ability to accurately estimate and negotiate maintenance contracts.
- Have the ability to drive and operate all equipment required to successfully complete all maintenance activities.
- Pesticide Applicators License required or ability to acquire one with job offer.
- Valid Iowa Drivers License is required.
- Possess the ability to lead your crew on occasional planting projects.
- Display the ability to follow company Safety Program and lead your crew accordingly.
All Full Time Employees Receive:
- Competitive wages
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation
- And an option to participate in the company retirement program.
How to Apply:
ONLINE – www.matthiaslandscaping.com